Main content of the website

Household Hazardous Waste

Monmouth County has a permanent Household Hazardous Waste Facility for use by Monmouth County residents free of charge.  Refer to the above link for information relating to the County's facility location, hours, types of materials collected and requirements for collection.

Empty or dried paint cans can be placed out with regular garbage or bulk trash.  Lids must be removed from the cans. Placing crumbled  or shredded newspaper in the paint cans with small amounts of paint will speed up the drying process.