If you were born in the Township of Ocean, you can obtain a certified copy (with the raised seal) of your birth certificate at the Township Clerk’s Office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In order to obtain a certified copy, the following must exist:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Complete and sign an application form
- Provide current address and show VALID ID that corresponds to the current address
- Show valid proof of relationship to individual listed on requested record OR identify that there is no relationship
Individuals who are eligible to receive certified copies:
Fee: There is a $10.00 charge for each certified copy (cash, check or money order made payable to the Township of Ocean).
- Parent, Legal Guardian, Legal Representative
- Spouse, Civil Union or Domestic Partner
- Child, Grandchild, Sibling – if of legal age
- State or Federal Agency for official purposes
- Court Order
- Court custody orders for minor children
Certified Copy Request Form