If you were born in the Township of Ocean, you can obtain a certified copy (with the raised seal) of your birth certificate at the Township Clerk’s Office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In order to obtain a certified copy, the following must exist:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Complete and sign an application form
- Provide current address and show VALID ID that corresponds to the current address
- Show valid proof of relationship to individual listed on requested record OR identify that there is no relationship
Individuals who are eligible to receive certified copies:
- Parent, Legal Guardian, Legal Representative
- Spouse, Civil Union or Domestic Partner
- Child, Grandchild, Sibling – if of legal age
- State or Federal Agency for official purposes
- Court Order
- Court custody orders for minor children
Fee: There is a $10.00 charge for each certified copy (cash, check or money order made payable to the Township of Ocean).
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar of Vital Statistics at 732-531-5000 ext. 3322 or 3321.
Certified Copy Request Form