Domestic Partnership Regulations:
To FILE an AFFIDAVIT of DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP:
- Both persons agree to be jointly responsible for each other’s basic living expenses during the partnership
- Neither person is in a marriage or civil union recognized by NJ law or a member of a domestic partnership with another individual
- Neither person is related to the other by blood or affinity up to and including the fourth degree of consanguinity
- Both persons are of the same or opposite sex and the two persons who are each 62 years of age or older
- Both persons have chosen to share each other’s lives in a committed relationship of mutual caring
- Both persons file jointly an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership
- Neither person has been a partner in a Domestic Partnership that was terminated less than 180 days prior to the filing of the current Affidavit of Domestic Partnership, except that this shall not apply when the previous Domestic Partnership was terminated due to the death of one of the partners.
The persons who desire to become domestic partners and who meet the requirements may complete and file an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership with the local Registrar.
The Affidavit must be signed and dated by both applicants in front of a notary public, and the notary must view each partners valid identification showing name, date of birth and age.
Affidavits may be completed Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
APPLICATION FEE: $28.00, payable at the time of application. We accept cash, check or money order, payable to the Township of Ocean.
Affidavits must be completed in the presence of the Registrar of Vital Statistics or their designee.
TO OBTAIN A CERTIFIED COPY of your DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP:
Individuals who are eligible to receive certified copies:
Fee: There is a $10.00 charge for each certified copy (cash, check or money order made payable to the Township of Ocean).
- Parent, Legal Guardian, Legal Representative
- Spouse, Civil Union or Domestic Partner
- Child, Grandchild, Sibling – if of legal age
- State or Federal Agency for official purposes
- Court Order
- Court custody orders for minor children
Certified Copy Request Form