To MAKE APPLICATION for a MARRIAGE LICENSE:
Applicant A, Applicant B and one (1) Witness (at least 18 years of age) must be present at least 72 hours prior to the date of the marriage. (If the marriage is taking place on Saturday/Sunday, you must make application no later that Tuesday, so that the license may be issued on Friday).
Applications may be completed Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
APPLICATION FEE: $28.00, payable at the time of application. We accept cash, check or money order, payable to the Township of Ocean.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ITO BE PRESENTED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Applicant A or Applicant B must show proof of residency in the Township of Ocean
- Birth Certificates for both Applicants (must be in English)
- Social Security Numbers
- Divorce Papers (if applicable) – final decree of divorce must be the filed document
- Proof of termination of Domestic Partnership (if applicable)
- Death Certificate (if applicable)
Applications must be completed in the presence of the Registrar of Vital Statistics, or their designee.
TO OBTAIN A CERTIFIED COPY of your MARRIAGE LICENSE:
Individuals who are eligible to receive certified copies:
Fee: There is a $10.00 charge for each certified copy (cash, check or money order made payable to the Township of Ocean).
- Parent, Legal Guardian, Legal Representative
- Spouse, Civil Union or Domestic Partner
- Child, Grandchild, Sibling – if of legal age
- State or Federal Agency for official purposes
- Court Order
- Court custody orders for minor children
Certified Copy Request Form