Employment (Hiring Announcement)
EMPLOYMENT AS A SPECIAL II POLICE OFFICER
The Township of Ocean Police Department is NOW accepting resumes for the position of Police Officer
The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be between 18 to 35 years of age
- Possess an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university, or shall have been honorably discharged from active duty, from a branch of the United States Military Service, and possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate recognized by the Department of Education of the State of New Jersey.
- Applicant must be able to pass written and/or oral examinations and one or more oral interviews
- Be a resident of NJ
- Possess a valid NJ Drivers License
- Be a United States citizen
- Serve one year probationary period
- Finalists must undergo a background investigation, a physical and psychological examination.
The candidate must also have successfully passed the written and physical examinations administered by the Monmouth County Police Chief’s Association OR completed a PTC approved police training course OR an academy substantially equivalent to the requirements required for certification by the police training commission OR enrolled or has successfully completed a police training course through a PTC approved alternate route program.
Interested candidates should send resume to the Office of Chief of Police, 399 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ 07755 or via email at email@example.com
The Township of Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Township of Ocean Police is currently seeking qualified police dispatchers for part-time employment in our 9-1-1 center. It is preferred applicants possess current 9-1-1 Basic Telecommunicator Certification, and Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) from a NJ OETS recognized organization. Please submit resume with qualifications to Township of Ocean Police, 399 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst, NJ, 07755, to the attention of Chief Steven Peters. Resumes can also be hand delivered to the Records Division at the Police Department, Monday thru Friday 9:00 am thru 4:30 pm or after hours at the Dispatch Center.
Township Of Ocean Police Department
399 Monmouth Road
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
Email Us:Click Here
9-1-1 Class Information
Basic Telecommunication / EMD Class Registration