- DROP-OFF LOCATION: 3602 Sunset Avenue (the westerly end) at the Township's recycling drop-off facility.
- HOURS OF OPERATION: 7:30 a.m.to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday ; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Extended summer hours from April 15 through September 30: 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with extended hours until 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Township will NOT pick up grass at the curb as it is banned from the Monmouth County Reclamation Center.
- Anyone placing grass in the gutter or curbside is subject to a summons.
- Turf management specialists recommend grass clippings be left on the lawn. Call 732-531-5001 for more information on this lawn management practice.
- Residents may bring grass, free of charge, to the recycling drop-off center. Gardeners and landscapers must pay a $500 annual permit fee to use the facility.
- Sod may be placed with the grass clippings, however the majority of soil must be removed prior to dumping at the recycling center.
- Dirt (soil) may NOT be placed at the curb or at the grass recycling center. A small quantity of soil can be placed out for collection with bulk trash, if containerized, in two five-gallon containers weighing no more than 50 pounds each. To comply with current stormwater regulations, homeowners are prohibited from placing soil/dirt at the curb as it could enter the storm drain system resulting in clogging of the system and causing flooding.