Bulk trash and wood collections will take place curbside once a month on designated Mondays determined by zones. Place items at the curb after 6:00 p.m. the Sunday before collection or before 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of collection for your zone. Please note that household garbage and cardboard boxes are not picked up on bulk trash day.
Bulk trash includes the collection of large trash items including, but not limited to:
Under State law, electronic equipment such as cameras, computers, monitors, stereo equipment, telephones, and televisions are not collected as bulk trash or household garbage. These items are considered e-waste. They are now mandated as a recyclable material and must be taken to the Township recycling and drop-off center on Sunset Avenue.
- wooden bed frames
- large chairs rugs, carpeting, padding
- tires (no rims)
- mattresses and box springs
- plastic lawn furniture
- floor tile (maximum of three 45-gallon cans)
- wood sheds
- sheet rock (maximum of three 45-gallon cans)
- wooden desks
- hard covered books
- other items of unwieldy nature
In order to assure collection of bulk trash, prepare the material as follows:
- Wood (lumber) must be securely tied in bundles or neatly stacked (such as 4"x 4" lumber) not to exceed four feet in length or larger than two feet in diameter or width. Nails must be either hammered down or removed. Wood can also be put into a garbage can.
- Rugs, carpeting and padding must be rolled and tied, less than 4 feet long and no more than 18 inches in diameter.
- Rimless Tires must be kept separate from the other bulk trash. There is a limit of three tires per pick-up on bulk trash day. Rims can go with metal pick-up.
- Loose items must placed into a garbage can.
- Garbage cans are limited to up to 45 gallons in size and no more than 50 pounds in weight.
- Large metal items and appliances such as dishwashers, lawn furniture with metal frames, shelving units, are picked up with metal pick-up. Appliances containing Freon will not be collected without certification that freon has been removed per EPA requirements.
- Municipal collection of material from excavation, construction, demolition, home repair or alterations performed by the homeowner or resident is limited to less than or equal to one cubic yard or three 45-gallon containers. Contractor-generated material is prohibited from municipal collection. Contact your contractor for removal of these items.
- All empty containers must be removed from the curb by 8:00 a.m. the morning following collection.
- Cardboard boxes may not be used as containers for any type of garbage, rubbish, trash or debris, including yard and/or vegetative waste.
Zone Collection Schedule
Zone 1 -the first Monday of each month
Zone 2 -the second Monday of each month
Zone 3 -the third Monday of each month
Zone 4 -the fourth Monday of each month
Bulk trash is NOT collected on the fifth Monday of a month. These Mondays, which occur four times a year, are used for the collection of metal and appliances. The dates for metal and appliances collections are March 29, May 31, August 30 and November 29, 2021.
The Township will pick up small amounts of asphalt shingles with bulk trash. The shingles must be containerized or tied up. There is a 50-pound limit on each container. The maximum size container that can be used is a 45-gallon garbage can.
Larger amounts or contractor-generated amounts of material must be taken to an authorized recycler.
In Monmouth County, asphalt shingles may be taken to:
Mazza's, 3230 Shafto Rd., Tinton Falls, 732-922-9292