How To Be A Terrible Listener
Seven Ways To Be A Terrible Listener
1. Interrupt often with your own ideas, opinions, and point of view
2. Give advice (unless the other person asks for it, in which case wait until he or she stops talking).
3. Act bored. Examples: tap your feet, roll your eyes, check your watch, look around the room, yawn.
4. Argue with or challenge the other person
5. Blame or criticize the other person
6. Pay attention to someone or something else. Examples: watch tv, play a video game, surf the web, listen to music, talk on the phone to someone else.
7. Think about what you’ll say as soon as the other person stops talking. (That’s not listening. That’s rehearsing.)
If interested in more information about the TOGS program contact:
Danielle Pfeiffer at (732) 531-5650 x 1042
If interested in more information about the iTOGS program contact:
Jesse Kauffmann at (732) 531-5630 x 7042