Shade Tree Commission
The Township of Ocean Shade Tree Commission is composed of residents of the Township of Ocean appointed by the Township Manager. The Shade Tree Commission exercises control over the regulation, planting, care and control of the trees and shrubbery located along the streets, public places and parks in the Township of Ocean.
Urban Tree Canopy Assessment
Bareroot tree planting and care instructions
Tubeling planting instructions
Potential Tree Species
The Shade Tree Commission generally meets on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 P.M.
The Shade Tree Commission meetings are held virtually at this time. Please join from you computer, tablet or smartphone. www.gotomeet.me/OCEANTWP/ec You can also dial in using your phone US +1(669) 224-3412. AccessCode 806-959-357
- January 5, 2023
- February 2, 2023
- March 2, 2023
- March 30, 2023
- May 4, 2023
- June 1, 2023
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/806959357
Click here for a link to meeting agendas and minutes.
The members of the Shade Tree Commission are:
- Norman Colten, Chairperson (term exp. 12/31/26)
- Moshe Gordon (term exp. 12/31/26)
- Kevin Thompson Township Liaison
- Jack Kearns (term exp. 12/31/25)
- Stephen Gaudette, (12/31/26)
- Patty Cronheim (12/31/26)
- Ken Lutz, Alternate I (12/31/24)
- Alternate II -James Veach (5/24/24)
- Marc Rogoff, Associate
- Carolyn Gulick, Associate
- Laurel Von Gerichten, Associate
- Margie Donlon, Council Liaison
You may contact the Shade Tree Commission through Donna Oates by e-mail at email@example.com or call (732) 531-5000, ext. 3301.
Click here for a copy of Ordinance # 2381
Click here for a copy of Ordinance # 2386