The Township of Ocean has made an important commitment to help solve climate change and address our ongoing energy crisis. In partnership with the Sustainable Jersey, we have created the "Green Ocean Township" campaign. To coincide with this campaign, the Environmental Commission has adopted an ambitious Energy Reduction Plan for our community, which has the goal of significantly lowering emissions from buildings. Accordingly, we will to provide everyone in town with hands-on assistance to help cut energy bills, create a cleaner, healthier community, and protect our planet for future generations.
For our residents, the NJ Home Performance with Energy Star (HPwES) Program can help homeowners qualify for up to $4,000 in cash rebates and up to $10,000 in zero-interest financing for home energy improvements that reduce energy use by 60 percent. To encourage Ocean Township residents to participate in the HPwES Program through New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), the HPwES Program is offering a comprehensive home energy audit. After performing a home energy audit, your contractor will recommend possible home improvements to reduce energy use, and you may qualify for rebates and incentives. Audits include a comprehensive evaluation of each home’s current energy use and recommendations for improving energy efficiency in a cost-effective way. Ocean Township does not recommend any specific contractor to provide the improvements, nor can it guarantee that homeowners will automatically qualify for the cash rebates or financing. Residents can click here for additional information.
For small and medium-sized businesses, a primary focus of the campaign is New Jersey's Direct Install program. The program was created specifically to help improve the energy efficiency of small to medium-sized buildings. After a FREE energy assessment, the program will pay for 70% of the upgrade costs, dramatically expediting your payback. In addition, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) will finance the remaining 30% portion at 0% interest over 3 years. Business owners can click here for additional information on this program.